Monday, August 2, 2010

Resin scrabble tiles in a pendant

When I started experimenting with resin and discovered etsy , I just wanted to make scrabble tile pendants just like everybody else.
They were an eyecatcher and neat to see. So I bought some siliconrubber and some scrabble tiles. I wanted to make my own resin tiles and my own mould. But I wasn't happy with the results.

I hate sanding and I had to sand a lot before these tiles would look like how I wanted them to look: smoothly and shiny. So I made a couple of them but left them for another purpose in the future.



The fun thing about resin is , it doesn't matter if a project fails, with the failures you can always make other funny things. And I did:







I still hate sanding but they look just fine by me with the combination of colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment