Sunday, July 3, 2016

Philodendron Monstera Deliciosa



Five Plantastic Ideas to add green to your home - Justina Blakeney:
On March 2th I bought myself 3 bigger plants to fill the empty corners in my home and one of them is the Philodendron Monstera Deliciosa. Pinterest inspired me to buy a Philondendron and I bought for myself an 80 cm tall and wide one. There are more versions of this type of plant around but the Philodendron Monstera Deliciosa has big leaves with holes in it. They are perfect for in your home or at the office and they are very easy to take care of and it also cleans the air.
I still have to repot it though. It came in a 19 cm sized pot but it needs at least a 23 cm sized pot. Finding the right flowerpot is my dillema. 
Watering the plant is a couple of times in the week. The soil needs to be a slightly wet without damaging the roots because of too much water in the soil. This plants also likes to grow in the shadow or half shadow.

When the 3 big plants arrived the living room immediatelly was full of plants so I placed this plant in the 
bedroom. 




Update on June 25th:
So its 3 months later and my plant looks like this now.

The leaves has spread their 'wings' I am not sure if it supposed to look like this but, its alive. Thats all that matters to me. Still I have to repot the plant though.

No comments:

Post a Comment