Thursday, December 30, 2010

My first sewing experience

It has been 3 months since I've bought mt first sewing machine, a Janome JR1012 and yesterday it was the first time that I've used it for a real project: I fixed some curtains, the edges were too long, so I had to cut and sew the curtains. It was fun but thats it, working with the fabric "leftovers" was where the real fun began:

My first maroon and pink colored adorable lined zipper pouch - 4"x 3"










It took me a day .... to make it and it's farrrr from perfect but me = proud :D

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It looks great, I love the colors. Sewing is a wonderful world full of opportunities to make everything lovely and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thk u! and yes it sure is a lot of fun, only zipper sewing needs some more practice :)

    ReplyDelete